Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sisters Of Mercy (Alice)

From: andy@phoenix.princeton.edu (Andrew M. Milburn)
Date: 21 Jun 88 22:11:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Sisters Of Mercy (Alice)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> From: rochester!tropix!scmhcx!ritcv!pxd3563@rutgers.edu (Pat Deupree)

> I have become a big Sisters Of Mercy fan lately and I have both
> "First and Last and Always" and "Floodland".  However, the other day
> I heard a song on the radio that was most definatly a Sisters of
> Mercy song (or at least Hussey was singing it).  When the set of
> songs was over

The Sisters have got a ton of EP's from the days before "First and
Last and Always".  These contain, for my money, their best work.  Be
sure and check out their "Gimme Shelter".  I've got atleast a half
dozen of these trashy pieces of vinyl which I'd be happy to report
more carefully on if anyone's interested.