Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Seeking info on...

From: jhm@sun.com (John McCartney)
Date: 2 Mar 88 22:32:52 GMT
Subject: Seeking info on...
Newsgroups: rec.music.misc, rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sun.com

I am looking for further information on the following British bands.

  Twelfth Night - progressive rock with an anti-establishment slant.
                  I have "Live and Let Live", live at the Marquee
                  Club, 1983. I know of two previous albums, the
                  first of which was completely instrumental.

                  Looking for lyrics, album names, continued
                  existence, etc.

         Pallas - progressive. I have two albums; "Arrive Alive", 1981,
                  and "The Sentinel", 1984. "Sentinel" was on EMI, so
                  they obviously had a major label contract. I also
                  have a 7" single, and have seen one other album.

                  Looking for album names, continued existence, etc.

             IQ - progressive. 3 albums; "Tales From the Lush Attic",
                  1983, "The Wake", 1985, and "Nomzamo", 1987. The
                  latter actually got released in the U.S., and has
                  a new singer/songwriter, and a more pop slant.

                  Looking for lyrics, album names, continued
                  existence, current whereabouts of former frontman
                  Peter Nicholls, etc.

                "I've got an allergy to Perrier, daylight, and responsibility"
                                               - Marillion, "Incommunicado"

  {decwrl, ucbvax, hplabs, ihnp4, seismo}!sun!scorch!jhm