Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Was kate a headbanger or what?

From: Dave Hsu <hsu@ENEEVAX.UMD.EDU>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 87 01:50:36 EDT
Subject: Re: Was kate a headbanger or what?

> From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Jonathan S. Drukman)

> ...  While leafing through the jewel booklet, I noticed that
> on the last page with the other credits was a line that said:
>          "This album was made to be played loud"

> Now, what struck me as odd is that the line, while in the Dreaming type
> style, seemed smaller, and not in line with the other credits, as if some-
> one had stuck it in after the first draft of the page had been printed.
> Anyone else notice this?   I have the domestic CD, if that means anything.

> --Jon Drukman

Nope; doesn't mean a thing.  That line was commented on in this forum
months before the domestic CD was out; not owning any vinyl, I
couldn't tell you if it's on the record jacket or not, although I
suspect that it is.  [It is.  -- |>oug]

Kate a headbanger?  Hmmm...could be.  Mark Oullette has provided us with
a substantial list of metal groups who are Kate-philes, and in one of her
early interviews posted recently in this forum, Kate did mention a
particular fondness for the Stranglers (circa '79)...

Fileting your fingers hurts like hell...don't do it.

-dave
--
David Hsu				devoted aKolyTe
UUCP: mit-eddie!blblbl!kaos!agent99!hsu	ARPA: hsu@eneevax.umd.edu