Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What I did on my Summer Vacation

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 87 23:18:24 EDT
Subject: What I did on my Summer Vacation

First off, thanks to Craig Kolb for his Cure recommendation --  if you're
listening, Craig, I picked up the CD based on your advice.

Also, thanKTs to MarK T. Ganzer for his interesting observations about
Be Kind To My Mistakes.  I'm having a really hard time putting this track
in perspective with other KT tracks, so I think I'm just not going to bother
and say that I like it a whole heap.

And, I've noticed a lot in the group lately about the Dukes Of Stratosphear -
Well, I managed to grab an import copy of "Psionic Psunbspot" tonight,
on the special "groovy coloured vinyl".  I haven't listened to it a whole
lot yet, but it seems pretty cool, music-wise.  The cover artwork is
side-splittingly funny.  It seems like XTC really knows a lot about the 60's
and have made a terrific parody of music that they care about - and that
makes a difference.  The opening of "Have You Seen Jackie?" starts with a
silly spoken intro.  Sounds like the voice belongs to Andy Partridge's son
(you can hear the boy on "Dear God" doing the first verse).

Could some alert Kate aficionado e-mail me the lyrics to "Ne T'Enfuis Pas"?
I think I've got the first line at least down, but I'd like to try to
translate it on my own.  ("Je viens comme un chat dans le nuit si noir").

--Jon Drukman
"Am I yours?  Are you mine?"