Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1987-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTian Ramblings

From: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil (Mark T. Ganzer)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 87 16:20:20 PDT
Subject: KaTian Ramblings

-------
>From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
>          (Joe Turner)

>The second annual Love-Hounds Katemas party went off Friday evening
>with about 20 or 30 people in attendance...

>For thoose who are wondering: the house was clean and spotless at 10am
>the next morning, leaving nothing for any suspicious parents to worry
>about.

So whose idea was it to wrap the house in mag tape? Yes word travels fast. A
half dozen rolls of duct tape would have been much more appropriate. I guess
this poor ole ME will have to come back there next year and show you how to do
it properly. Still, it sounds as if a good time was had by all. But how about
some details? Did Rossi need a bucket this year? Did Shelli get her fan back?
Inquiring minds want to know...

>From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
>          (Jonathan S. Drukman)
>Subject:  Be Kind To My Mistakes

>OK.  I've finally heard this "Be Kind To My Mistakes" thingie courtesy
>of IED and Michael Knight.  It's fantastic!  It sounds like HoL era
>instrumentation coupled with Dreaming era vocals!  If this is a taste
>of what KBVI is going to be like, then now I'm doubly ecstatic about
>its arrival.  Frankly, I think BKTMM wipes "Experiment IV" but I know
>that I'm going to get flamed for that statement, so I better raise the
>heat shields on the computer...  Has anyone seen "Castaway"?  Is it
>any good?  I read the description of it in "Homeground" (and I think
>it's more or less essential that you know the plot of the film in
>order to understand the lyrics to "Be Kind...").  When's it going to
>be out on video tape here?

After first hearing this song courtesy of IED, I still can't listen to it
enough. The one thing I have really noticed in this, X4, and end of The Big Sky
is the strong guitar and bass passages that give the music a real edge
(the screaming violin in X4 12" version also contributes to this). It sure
sounds like Kate is cooking up yet again something different for KBVI. I find
it difficult to say BKTMM is better than X4 because the latter is a much more
somber. BKTMM is so much more positive that the driving energy of the underlying
instrumentals sounds and feels good. I could go on and on about this song...

The movie is supposed to be released in the US later this month (IED?). Why it
would take so long for it to cross the Atlantic, and then be released  into the
middle of the sleazy summer movie rush, who knows. The song plays over the
opening credits, so don't be late to see it! This is rather interesting, since
it does seem you need to know the plot to know what the song is about. It'll
probably be another 6 mos. to a year before it shows up on video tape

Oh yes, K A T E   B U S H   I S   G O D ! ! !

"In your life, in my life, there are secrets too dark to let out..."
MarK T. Ganzer
Internet: ganzer@trout.nosc.mil
UUCP: {ucbvax,hplabs}!sdcsvax!nosc!ganzer
-------