Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The infamous Ira Hankin, Kate's hair, and John Foxx

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 16:49:43 est
Subject: The infamous Ira Hankin, Kate's hair, and John Foxx

> From:     Laurah Ann Limbrick <ins_alal@jhunix>

> perhaps he could write his memoirs.  or have a tv show.  tell me it's
> not true that he has a brother.  does he talk like ira??? :-)

Jeez, does everyone on this list know Ira Hankin?  It's an awfully small
world.  No, Ken Hankin isn't anything like Ira.  I wonder what Ira would
think if he knew he was being discussed in a KB fanzine?  (For all you
people who are totally confused, this is a friend of mine from Maryland
who will play on his radio show Kate Bush immediately followed by
Madonna -- just to annoy me.  Or maybe Robyn Hitchcock immediately
followed by Kiss.  This is how I got introduced to Robyn Hitchcock.)

> anyhow.  re: John Foxx.  listen to 'The Golden Section'.  I liked it
> better than 'Metamatic'.

I dunno.  The ex-Foxx fanatic I know told me that it was "The Golden
Section" that killed his fanatacism.

> so, did KB REALLY cut off all her hair for 'Cloudbusting'????

I dunno.  This has been *the* question among Kate Bush fans for the last
two weeks.  It's a raging debate.  I say she's wearing a wig -- I mean
how is she going to do all of her bizarre character hairdoos if she cut
off her hair.  Sensible people probably say "Who cares?"  But who's
sensible?

			-Doug