Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

10,000 Maniacs

From: John Reeves <reeves@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 17:45:23 PST
Subject: 10,000 Maniacs

Did I spell maniacs correctly?  Well, no mind, no matter.

This morning I heard a side of the new (debut?) 10,000 Maniacs
record on KXLU and thought that you and your love dogs might
be interested.  I know absolutely nothing about the band 'cept
for this one listening, but they stuck me as S. Vega (but not
folk) or KB (from what I've heard).  Y'know, pop but not lightweight,
interesting song structure, musicanship but not virtuoso pomposity,
intelligent lyrics... or it could be that all female vocalists sound
the same to me.

So, check it out, if you want, if you care.  (I'd be interested to
know if I came close.)

Love Hounds?  Straw Dogs!

  John Reeves
  Computer Science Department  UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!reeves
  A.I. Lab, 3531 Boelter Hall  ARPA: reeves@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU