Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hu:sker Du: revieu:

From: Jordan Hayes <jordan@ames>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 10:52:25 PST
Subject: Hu:sker Du: revieu:

Yeah, they were in San Francisco the night before last at The Stone,
and the show was supposed to start at 9, with *2* opening bands,
``Angst'' and ``The Inflicted'' (I think they should join together and
become ``The Inflicted Angst'' but that's another story...) and so i
figured I'd show up around 10-ish ... boy was I ever wrong.

At 9:55 the Hu:skers were already into their set about 10 minutes!  How
in the world they got two bands up and down in under an hour is really
beyond me!

Anyways, they were pretty tight, compared to the last time I saw them,
and had much more to say to the crowd ... they even threatened to play
a cover of ``black eyes'', but instead they played the token ``green
eyes'' ... geeze.

They ran through their old faves and the newer stuff in record time!
The show was all over (including encores) by 11pm. It sorta reminded me
of all the times I've ever seen the Ramones -- the first chord of the
next song is played slightly before the last chord of the previous song
... only the Ramones had 100 or so songs to play, so their concerts
have lasted 2 - 2-1/2 hours, instead of about 50 minutes of music.

But, alas, they didn't play the Baby Song -- damn.

/jordan