Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KB

From: Peter Stokes <stokes%cmc.cdn%ubc.csnet@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 85 10:43:09 pst
Subject: KB
Mmdf-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA

This appeared in the "Queens Journal" here on campus today and I couldn't
resist mentioning it...

            COME UP and BE A KITE! Join
            QKBC: Queen's Kate Bush Club
            Phone 544-8012 or 545-0750

It's interesting seeing this is the first true KB awarness in this city.
She isn't on any of the local radio station's playlists, the only exposure
we get is on the Canadian music video channel Much-Music (and that is rare).
I am not an avid KB fan, don't know her music and therefore I find it hard
to understand why she has such a close following by a very select and
relatively small group of people across the continent.  In other words,
what is so different about her music??  Why would a "fan club" emerge
for her when there are thousands of other artists who are much more popular
by number (record sales, concert sales etc..)????  It is almost like it
was some kind of cult or religious following....

(KB fans: this is not supposed to be an insult or any kind... only the
 contents of an inquisitive mind)

Peter
Queens University
Kingston Ontario