Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: More on Peter Reich (LONG)

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 85 04:01:07 est
Subject: Re: More on Peter Reich (LONG)

> From: Henry Chai

Thanks for the summary of "A Book of Dreams", Henry!

> Peter Reich (known as Peeps to his Dad) was close to his parents.

Aha!  That's why the 7 inch single has "For Peeps" engraved into the
runoff groove.

> The "march" music of the song could have been inspired by the "Corps
> of the Comsic Engineers", in which Wilheim was the general, Peter was
> both lieutenant and sergeant, and their followers were soldiers and
> scouts.  They believed they were soldiers fighting against UFO's.

That makes perfect sense!  I should have realized that from the chapter
I read!

> That's all, can't find anything related to trains though.

But you quoted this paragraph:

	Everett Quimbly said if you run with your hands open you could
	go faster so my hands were wide open going back and forth like a
	train all the way up to the hill like a train running.  Because
	if I run fast enough maybe I could beat them to he top of the
	hill and warn Daddy.  What did they want?  What did they want?
	Why did they always make us unhappy?

Looks like a good reason for the train sounds to me....

			I still dream of Organon when I'm alone,

			 Doug