Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Murder Mystery

From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 85 07:39:26 est
Subject: Re: Murder Mystery

Yes, it certainly is a mystery what is actually being said.  A few times
back in school and while under the influences of many substances, we
tried to figure out exactly what John Cale and Lou Reed were saying.
We even got to the point where we were able to filter out almost
one voice. However, we were not as successful as would of liked to be.
It seems to me that there is no real pattern top what they say.  A friend
suggested that they were reading sentence fragments, four or five words
grouped together, to add some cohesion to the song.  Also the fragments
made to somehow rhyme at certain points (which I assume make them the
chorus ??).

If you can figure out more, I'll be glad to believe it.

Joy Division as one the ten worst bands ??? AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
sorry, no way... my picks ??? ha ha, here they are
Yes, Forgeiner, REO Speedwagon, Men w/out Dorks, Flock of Donkeys, Any
Synthesisier Band calling themsleves "new wave" or "euro-pop", Yes, Yes,
Beatles, Any band that has been around awhile, yet still sells mega albums
just from being "the some old band", anything by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and
Young, Sheena Easton, Olvia Newton-John, Any Singer, male or female,
that looks too wholesome to be true, Led Zepplin, Motley Crue, any Heavy
Metal band that tries to gross out everybody and still cant play as godd
(good) as CORRISION OF CONFORMITY, German Shepherds, Ism, any Hard Core
band who calls themselves hardcore, yet spend their time just dressing
up and posing and being assholes in general, Madonna, Yes, Phil
Collins, Pink Floyd, Yes, .......

tim

ps - did I mention Yes ?? I did, well I'll mention it again.....