Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Some articles from Newspapers

From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 85 21:52:46 est
Subject: Re: Some articles from Newspapers

>  Then over to side two for the more experimental, and the less sucessful,
> "The Ninth Wave", based on a drowning mans impressions and illusions. Good
> in sections, like the openers "And Dreams of Sheep" and the taut, atmospheric
> "Under Ice" with its staggered strings and hard arrangement. But as a whole
> its just a touch too complex and clever-dick to stand close inspection.
>
>  As a whole though, "Hounds of Love" is hard to fault on any level - production
> , by Bush herself, performance and writing...
>
> Comments?

Yes... this was obviously written by a "stupid person" of the
Dave Marsh mentality.  Some people are gravely afraid that
musicians nowadays will actually do something musical.
Fortunately, there is disco music for these people.

A strange thing, though... two of the songs this reviewer liked
a lot are the two I really don't like... after listening to them
several times, I began to feel really irritated whenever I would
come to them, and now make my CD machine skip over those:
"Mother Stands for Comfort," and "Under Ice".