Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1985-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You're saying this just to annoy me, aren't you?

From: nessus (Doug Alan)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 85 05:02:58 est
Subject: You're saying this just to annoy me, aren't you?

Regarding worst groups:

> From: Tim Wicinski <wicinski@nrl-css.ARPA>

> Beatles,..., Pink Floyd

Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

> From: whizzo (David Hardy)

> 1. Devo
> 6. The B-52s

Foo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> From: harvard!topaz!jerpc.PE.UUCP

> A strange thing, though... two of the songs this reviewer liked a lot
> are the two I really don't like... after listening to them several
> times, I began to feel really irritated whenever I would come to them,
> and now make my CD machine skip over those:  "Mother Stands for
> Comfort," and "Under Ice".

Arrrghhh!  "Mother Stands For Comfort" is equal to the best song ever
written!  It's one of the most beautiful, sad, and eerie songs I've ever
heard.  Eberhard Weber's bass playing on this song is enough to convince
me that he's the best bass player there ever was.  The rhythm provided
by breaking plates, etc. is a revelation, and Kate's Fairlight work on
this song is perfection incarnate.  "Under Ice" is also awesomely good
and wonderfully scary.  Fortunately, Yes makes music for people like....
Oh, I'm sorry....

			"Mother hides the madman"

			 Doug