Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pretense (was : I'm so glad I'm multi-lingual)

From: Don <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:11:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Pretense (was : I'm so glad I'm multi-lingual)
To: Albert.Lust@nlzdmfsc.origin.nl
Cc: Don <fastslow@idt.net>, Love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 10:53 AM -0800 11-14-97, Albert Lust wrote:

>I don't quite get this last bit. My statement was : if it really was a
>triple album or double CD we could expect something with a lot of
>pretence and you would probably shoot holes in it judging from earlier
>statements.
>You start off your answer with "I don't think so" and then state that
>you prefer your music non-pretentious, just as I suggested.
>Could it be that we are actually agreeing on something Kate-related
>at last?

Sorry I wasn't quite clear. I was trying to say that a triple album every 5
years isn't the same as a single album every 1.3 years or singles every
month. I didn't insert my responses in just the right place.

>P.S. - In your notes you often walk a thin line between irony and
>bluntness.
>Usually I have to smile when I read them, but my feeling
>is a lot of people don't always recognize irony that well, and
>feel offended by it.

Then maybe they'd be happier on an Alanis Morrisette mailing list. "It's
like getting a new CD player and the new Kate Bush album is vinyl-only."

>Please be careful, otherwise this mailing list might become very
>quiet (quantitively that is).....

You aren't another one of those digest people, are you?

- Don