Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I'm so glad I'm multi-lingual

From: Don <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:46:24 -0800
Subject: Re: I'm so glad I'm multi-lingual
To: Albert.Lust@nlzdmfsc.origin.nl
Cc: Love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 6:48 AM -0800 11-14-97, Albert Lust wrote:
>Marcus Bengtson wrote:
>

>> Aha, A tripple album! And she's left EMI! Wow that IS news. ;-))
>>

>If only this were true.....
>
>Hey Don, you would lose your favourite subject (Kate = Lazy),
>'cause that would come down to an average of 1 album for every 1,5
>year.

Multi-disc albums of new material? Ugh.

I'd rather an artist put out a three-song CD single every other month for
two years than a 36-song double CD at one time.

>But then, the whole thing would of course be really pretentious and
>contain no good singles at all, so there would be a lot of new
>opportunities for you there! :-)

I don't think so. It takes a looooooong time to get pretentious. I don't
think T9W could've been put together in less than a month...but "Sat In You
Lap" could be. I'll bet that if you told Kate, "You have two months to come
up with 16 songs or you have to take a job at Pizza Hut," that you'd get a
nice set of immediate-sounding music that would be among her best and least
pretentious.

- Don