Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOL Vinyl? Any new album news?

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 97 09:58:10 +0100
Subject: Re: HOL Vinyl? Any new album news?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Mike Holmes wrote:
> In message <3.0.2.32.19971111085604.006a9060@pop.sirius.com>, Karen
> Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com> writes
> >So on to important things . . . has anyone yet seen or bought the HOL
> >anniversary vinyl?
> Is there supposed to be one?
[...]

In February a few EMI albums were re-released on vinyl, as high-
quality pressings and limited editions. Among them was The Kick Inside.

Some time later this year they announced there would be a second
round of vinyl rereleases in autumn, then including Hounds Of Love.
I even remember having seen Oct. 6 as a release date, but the albums
never surfaced, at least not here. Neither there were ads by any of
the mailorder companies. So I think the release has been put off
or cancelled.

ciao,
Rolf