Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: HOL Vinyl? Any new album news?

From: Mike Holmes <mike@mc-h.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 13:21:01 +0000
Subject: Re: HOL Vinyl? Any new album news?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

In message <9711130858.AA01631@maui.theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de>, Rolf Peukert
<Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de> writes
>In February a few EMI albums were re-released on vinyl, as high-
>quality pressings and limited editions. Among them was The Kick Inside.
>
>Some time later this year they announced there would be a second
>round of vinyl rereleases in autumn, then including Hounds Of Love.
>I even remember having seen Oct. 6 as a release date, but the albums
>never surfaced, at least not here. Neither there were ads by any of
>the mailorder companies. So I think the release has been put off
>or cancelled.
Vaguely remember that now you mention it. Rather sounds as though they
found the old TKI moulds still knocking around in the basement, but
couldn't convince the execs upstairs to make new ones for the new HOL.
Don't know how you would go about making new records these days, as most
of the pressing factories must have disappeared by now.

Actually that's right, if you make it a limited edition then you can use
NEW vinyl & the pressings should be OK.
--
Mike H