Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Unknown duets with Peter Gabriel

From: Chris Williams <chrisw@wwa.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 02:18:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Unknown duets with Peter Gabriel
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

r.michelazzi@flashnet.it (Rolando Michelazzi) asked:
>I know well and appreciate very much Kate Bush/Peter Gabriels duets on
>"Don't Give Up" and "Another Day".
>A friend of mine, a collector of Peter Gabriel's songs, has heard of
>another two duets released on bootleg.
>He haven't seen a copy of these bootlegs, but it seems that there is a rare
>PG 10" vinyl titled "Now here, nowhere" containing "The Man With The Child
>In His Eyes" and a PG/KB bootleg titled "If you could see me play"
>including:
>- The GIRL (!) with the child in her eyes
>- Make me smile
>
>Does anyone have more info?

   Yes. These are songs from the Bill Duffield benefit concert. Bill
was Kate's lighting designer for the tour. He was killed in a fall from
a truss during rehearsals. Peter Gabriel and Steve Harley (of Cockney
Rebel) had both worked with Bill. At the end of the tour an additional
concert was added to raise money for Bill's family.

   "The Girl With The Child In Her Eyes" features Kate, Peter and Steve
together...but not much rehearsal.

   "Come Up and See me (Make Me Smile)" is a Steve Harley song. Without
digging it up, I'm not sure if Kate was on it at all, or if it was just
Steve.

Chris Williams of
   Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
      chrisw@wwa.com
"How perfectly goddamn delightful it all is, to be sure" - C. Crumb