Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Unknown duets with Peter Gabriel

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 97 13:12:25 +0100
Subject: Re: Unknown duets with Peter Gabriel
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Rolando wrote:
> He haven't seen a copy of these bootlegs, but it seems that there is a rare
> PG 10" vinyl titled "Now here, nowhere" containing "The Man With The Child
> In His Eyes" and a PG/KB bootleg titled "If you could see me play"

This sounds like the tracks are from the benefit concert for the family
of Bill Duffield, a lighting engineer who died in an accident at the
beginning of Kate's tour. It took place on May 12, 1979 at Hammersmith
Odeon. Peter Gabriel and Steve Harley appeared as guests.

I have a bootleg LP named "If You Could See Me Fly" (contents and cover
picture differ from the CD with the same name). It has seven tracks from
said concert (in-audience recording), plus the two Babooshka demos and
'Let It Be' from the Secret Policeman's 3rd Ball.

        Kate Bush - If You Could See Me Fly
        Side A:
          1) Let It Be (Secret Policeman's Ball version)
          2) The Girl/Man With The Child In His/Her Eyes
          3) Here Comes The Flood
          4) I Don't Remember
        Side B:
          1) D. I. Y.
          2) The Best Years Of Our Life (SH solo)
          3) Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)
          4) Let It Be (Bill Duffield concert version)
          5) Babooshka (Take 1 & 2)

Track A2 starts as "The Girl with...", one verse each sung by Peter Gabriel
and Steve Harley, Kate then joins in and continues. A3 is played by Peter
solo on piano, on A4 and B1 he's backed by the KT Bush band, with Kate doing
backing vocals. Steve Harley does "The Best Years..." solo on guitar and
is backed by Kate and the band on "Make Me Smile". "Let It Be" is again sung
by all three of them.

ciao,
Rolf