Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush gay?

From: nywriter@aol.com (NY WRITER)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 01:40:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate Bush gay?
To: <rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Re...lyrics on "Cloudbusting"...
You're here in my head/
Like the sun coming out/
Like your son's coming out"

Someone asks "Is this a reference to homosexuality (coming out of the closet)?
 Or am I completely missing a point here? I've read "A book of life" but didn't
 think that there was a reference to homosexuality there. But this phrase is,
 no doubt, not a coincidence. Anyone want to elaborate?"

It's about William Reich & his son...The lyrics have nothing to do w/Kate.
 (Btw, kate had a long-term relationship with a MALE.)