Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

chilling lyrics

From: meredith <meth@smoe.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 22:53:41 -0400
Subject: chilling lyrics
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Just have to jump in here:

The KaTe lyric that does it to me every time is in "Night Of The Swallow"
when she sings the word "borderline" (you know, the really soaring bit).
One night, almost seven years ago now, I was lying on my bed listening to
_The Dreaming_ on headphones with all the lights out.  When she sang that
line I literally felt like I was lifted off the bed.  It was a bona fide
religious experience (so much so that I wrote a paper on it for my
Introduction to Religion class the next year).  Ever since, I can't listen
to that song without a constant case of the chills.  Mmmm, yes.