Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

goldie and kate collaboration/new bjork album

From: "Brian J. Dillard" <dillardb@pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 17:16:07 +0000
Subject: goldie and kate collaboration/new bjork album
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

The new issue of Mixmag (UK techno/jungle/house/etc. magazine) says that

Goldie's *proposed collaboration* with Kate *didn't work out*....which
probably means

a)he couldn't reach her.
b)she is resistant to the idea of collaborating with electronic
artists--which I doubt, given the
permission she granted to Utah Saints; why help out crap dance bands and
then NOT work
with talented ones?
c)she's TOO BUSY IN THE STUDIO WITH HER OWN WORK!!!

Any guesses which one I'm hoping is the case?

Brian Dillard
dillardb@pilot.msu.edu

PS Let's let the Diana thing die and talk about Kate (or at least
remotely Kate-related) stuff, eh?
Like--anybody heard the new Bjork single, Joga, or album, Homogenic. I
bought the single
and have heard promos of the albums. Fucking fantastic on both counts.
Abstract beats, an
Icelandic string octet, less of a dance vibe, less narrative lyrics, no
too-obvious genre-hopping.
This is her first self-produced album and I have to say she fared better
than Tori--less self
indulgent, more self-ASSURED.