Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dedicating a KB song to Diana

From: rbbrbndgrl@aol.com (Rbbrbndgrl)
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:11:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Dedicating a KB song to Diana
To: bigz@nation.nationgroup.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
SnewsLanguage: English

>It's such a sad, sad melondy
>and song. I would be interested to hear which KB song is appropriate for
>Diana in the eyes of other gaffanatics.

   After Diana died, I put on Lionheart, and was deeply touched by "In
Search Of Peter Pan". To me that represented Diane, and her England. My
husband played the "Universal Mother" cd by Sinead Oconner and I cried so
hard he had to turn it off. The entire CD seemed to represent Diana.
    I really liked Elton John's new "Candle in the Wind". I was okay
watching the funeral until he sang. I thought that was a beautiful
thoughtful gift to give someone. I am sure it meant so much to Diana's
sons, and the money from the sales of the single will go to charity. Just
my opinion.
                                             Mary (due Jan.98, with baby
girl                                                            Catherine)