Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Organic Acid Bootleg

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:56:14 -0700
Subject: Organic Acid Bootleg
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Tried to send a message yesterday but it has not appeared. I apologize if
this comes up twice.

I'd like to be sure everyone knows that the CD with the "doctored" songs on
it did not come from the San Francisco party.  There is some overlap of
songs (Atlantis, Cussi Cussi) but these have been surfacing all over the
place.  We also heard some other newly found songs, including The Magician.
We did not hear anything like what Ron is describing, and from the sounds
of it, we wouldn't want to!

Bootleggers know that Kate fans will buy nearly anything that says "rare"
on it.  Please be SURE of what you are buying. They also slap new pictures
on old stuff and sell it AGAIN.  Most of you know this, but we have a lot
of new people discovering us this year, and it could save them some grief
to mention this now and again.

You do not need to <buy> any of the new songs that have surfaced.  You do
not need to purchase "rare" videos from an unknown source.  There are many
Love Hounds who are happy to share and trade. Chris and Vickie, have kindly
made top quality video available that they have unique access to.  And a
request in Love Hounds for help in building your collection will almost
always get a response.

I hope that Mark Nesser will decide to refund Ron's money and take the
questionable CD back.

Best to all, Karen