Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Organic Acid: DO NOT BUY THIS HORRIBLE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 10 Sep 97 09:01:26 EDT
Subject: Organic Acid: DO NOT BUY THIS HORRIBLE BOOTLEG!!!!!!!!!!!!! (long)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Greeting Lovehounds,

   There's been some controversy being stirred up buy this bootleg CD.
I received it ysterday in the mail.  I paid $30.00 for this piece of crap.
This is my (ahem) review:

title:  ORGANIC ACID      (1997 Toasted records CDKTB)
total time: 54:21

booklet:  black and white with a color picture of Kate in a green leotard with
          pink belt.  2 more pics. of Kate inside.   The back of the booklet
          has the following statement:  "All tracks are rare unreleased
recordings
          of Kate Bush recorded throughout her career" (this, as you will see,
          is a lie).

Track listing (as it is written on the CD insert):

   1.  Katetopia (Fruitopia Song Collage)
   2.  Organic Acid (Studio out take)
   3.  Atlantis (Studio Demo)
   4.  Honey (Studio demo)
   5.  You Were The Stars (Studio demo)
   6.  The Handsome Cabin Boy (Studio out take)
   7.  Gay Farwell (studio demo)  2:56   synth
   8.  Passing Through Air (Studio Demo)
   9.  Dreamtime (Studio out take)
  10.  Cussi Cussi (demo)

1.  Katetopia  (Fruitopia Song Collage)   about 20:00 minutes

       First, how about a hand of applause for the f*ckin' bootlegger
    who STOLE the title from our Katetopia video!   Obviously, the
    maker of this bootleg is lurking among us.   This bootleg has NO
    connection with the video tape!!!

       This collage is about 20:00 minutes long.  Basically, the
    bootlegger just strung together all the Fruitopia music (and repeats
    it ad nauseam), sampled Kate's voice taken from various interviews,
    put some echo on her voice and slapped in on top of the music.
    This is bad.....    the sound quality is rather muddy (at best)

2.  Organic Acid (Studio out take)       5:56

       Here, our "clever" bootlegger slapped a cheesy casio keyboard
    accompanyment on top of the demo.   It is NOT a studio outtake.
    This most beautiful of Kate's demos is literally defaced by the
    tasteless keyboard added on top of it.  It's sickening!

3.  Atlantis (Studio Demo)   2:32

       I think this is one of the "new" demos to have surfaced.  I don't
    recognize it...but then again, I'm not an expert on Kate's demos.  No
    apparent "embellishments" here.  It's a demo, no more.  It stands
    on its own.

4.  Honey (Studio demo)     1:54

       This demo is already well known and distributed through various
    other bootlegs (that sound better, BTW).  This too has some cheesy
    keyboard added on.   Another wasted song.

5.  You Were The Stars (Studio demo)   2:48

       Another "new" demo.  This song also has keyboards added.  Another
    wasted song...raped by the bootlegger.

6.  The Handsome Cabin Boy (Studio out take)  3:07

       Bootlegging or piracy at its worse!  Here, we have still more
    "atmospheric" keyboards added on top of the original release of
    The Handsome Cabin Boy.

7.  Gay Farwell (studio demo)  2:56

       Another known demo....more cheap keyboard accompanyment.....

8.  Passing Through Air (Studio Demo)   1:58

       Another rape!!!   This song is speeded up. It sounds bad, probably
    on purpose to make it sound more like a demo.  Echo was added on Kate's
    voice and to top it off, you guessed it, MORE AMATURE KEYBOARDS!!!!

9.  Dreamtime (Studio out take)   5:15

       I can't even listen to this one.... It's terribly speeded up.  Kate
    sounds like she's on helium...    more keyboard accompanyment... and
    a "sampled" kate voice at the very end.    It's NOT an outtake. It's
    the original B-side, complete with the vinyl clicks and pops.
    Tasteless!

10. Cussi Cussi (demo)  2:28   (

       One of the newly surfaced demos.  Nothing added here.  It sounds OK.

There you have it.  This CD is utter crap.  It garbage....garbage that even
maggots wouldn't touch.

I feel soooo ashamed to have spent money on this.  It's not worth it at all.

on a scale of 1 to 10,  I rate it a 0.

I know some of you are curious about this CD...but don't buy it.  If
you absolutely MUST here this sh*t, then email me privately, I'll tape
it for you.  I don't want other people to waste their money on this bootleg.

Whoever made this CD has no class whatsoever.

Kate's songs here are defaced, raped and literally destroyed.

I hope a warning goes out in the next Homeground issue....

*sigh*

peace

ron