Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: headset

From: Mike Wade <mwade@oxfam.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 18:37:00 +0100
Subject: Re: headset
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>, Karen Dean <s_kgdean@eduserv.its.unimelb.EDU.AU>

Melanie asked: "Has anyone ever heard of any connection with K. Bush and
the "hands-free" headset microphone? She didn't play a role in inventing
them, did she?"

Karen replied: "My understanding is that Kate's sound guy *did*, at her
request, develop this microphone for her tour, as it was so
dance-focussed."

Yup - this was my understanding as well.  The original prototype
involved bits of twisted wire coat-hanger.  Kate said once that she was
scared of swearing when she thought the mike was off, as she was used to
having to deliberately move the mike to her mouth when she wanted to use
it..

Mike