Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?

From: nsrjm@mednet.ucla.edu
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 12:17:11 -0700
Subject: Re: Breaking Glass ( starring Hazel o Connor ) and Kate Bush ?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Llovich@aol.com wrote:

> Hey ... if you really want to stretch, there IS a relation of
> sorts ...
>
> When "Breaking Glass" was originally in pre-production, it was
> going to be a film adaptation of the hit Thames TV series
> "Rock Follies." If you remember "Rock Follies," you'll recall
> one of the three singers of The Little Ladies -- who were
> morphed into a single single called Kate for the "Breaking
> Glass" film -- was played by Julie Covington.
>
> If you remember Julie Covington, you'll remember her nice,
> folksy version of "The Kick Inside" on her "Julie Covington"
> lp. There was a rumor at some point that KTB appeared on that
> version; but if she does, you can't hear her and she's
> uncredited.

Well, okay...but I still fail to see where Kevin Bacon fits in
here at all...     ;-)

Robb

PostScript: If you care to play six degrees of Kevin Bacon using
Kate, I think you can get there in three, (1)Kate & Miranda
Richardson in TLTCTC (2)Miranda & Jack Nicholson in "The Evening
Star" and (3)Jack & Kev in "A Few Good Men." If you do not care
to play this game...well then I have no response to that. :-)