Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Shoe boxes

From: Punki <punki@ins.at>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 03:56:03
Subject: Re: Shoe boxes
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

Hi Lovehounds

tarasam@wolfenet.com wrote:

>Karen- I  have one...I received it as part of a promotional package for
>the album from Columbia Records.  It is red, with a round sticker that
>has a picture of the album cover on it, on the side it has a rectangular
>black sticker that is broken into four sections it says:
>"Size 4" in one, "Colour Red" in another, "Style Ballet" in the third,
>and "KT" in the fourth.  Inside is a promo copy of  "The Red Shoes" in a
>little cardboard holder.  That's it, no bio, no pen, no red shoes!!!
>Not real impressive overall, but a fun curiousity for the shelf....
>
>Karen Newcombe wrote:
>
> As I recall, every bootlegger in town ran out and started making these
>>
>> cheesey "shoebox" packages and just threw in whatever they could think of.
>> There WAS an official EMI promotional shoebox, and as I recall it did NOT
>> contain shoes.  The ads for them that showed up in Goldmine shortly after
>> TRS release described them as having a CD, a bio on Kate, a Red Shoes pen,
>> a photo or two, and possibly other trinkets.  I never saw a description or
>> picture of the outside of the box.

Well, there is a official Box with pen, bio and slide.

I have got a English Promo Box.

The Box looks like tarasam@wolfenet.com wrote. I only can add its glossy
(all other boot-boxes I have seen are matt in some way).

The content:

A slide (Kate sitting on a white box dressed in Black warring red ballet
shoes the ribbons are untied only one shoe visible) shown in KBC Magazine
The Red Shoes on page 19.

A black  Fountain pen with red ink small sticker on the side: Kate Bush The
Red Shoes . 1993

A Video Tape (VHS PAL, black cover with round picture from the LP on front
and back. The same picture and Kate Bush in white letters on the side.
Inside just a white label underlined: Kate Bush  EMI
The Video includes Rubberband Girl (UK version) 2:15
A few picture from Aspel and company (less then a second)
Rubberband Girl (US Version) 4:0
Moments of Pleasure Live performance at Aspel and Company 5:0
Running time 12:00

The CD The Red Shoes (German release) like the standard CD no promo label.

A "Kate Bush Factsheet" (Biography) only the major parts of here live (A$)
A "Kate Bush U.K. Discography" a list of the singles including the Single file
her albums including This Woman's Work and The Red Shoes. But it also says:

This Woman's Work This box set, available on cassette and CD only,
containing all of Kate's studio albums to date as well as extra albums
containing B-sides and extra tracks thus encompassing Kate's entire
recording career to date.

That's the content of the Box I have got.

BTW what do you think about the statement: This Woman's Work This box set,
available on cassette and CD only. I have got a LP version of TWW where
dose that come from if it has never been released?

Punki