Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Special Packaging of The Red Shoes

From: Stephen Wiener <swiener@onramp.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 09:12:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Special Packaging of The Red Shoes
To: MiaSimone@aol.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 01:52 AM 8/7/97 -0400, Melanie wrote:
>Large heart shaped red box, probably 12" X 12" or so, and the sticker on the
>cellophane said it had a pair of size 4 1/2 (UK size) ballet slippers, red I
>think, and The Red Shoes CD.  Am curious if the CD is identical to the
>domestic release.  This set was $100.00.  (Is that good ?  They had two.)
>
>Black shoebox, with red metallic lettering that said "Shoebox" I think and an
>illustration of ballet slippers on the box top.  It was wrapped up tight in
>cellophane, and had no description of the contents...other than it was Kate
>Bush.  It was $75.00, and they had two.

>I am very curious about these attractive little things, does anyone think
>they are a worthy purchase for the moolah ?

Enterprising entrepreneurs will put together unauthorized packaging and
charge huge amounts of money for them. Sort of like "bootleg packaging".
I know there have been some Madonna CD's packaged like this. They are
pretty much a rip-off because they are unauthorized and don't have any
collector's value unless you can find someone else who just happens to
want it and is willing to pay the high price. I personally would save
my money to spend on legit Kate collectibles. You can make the cute
packages yourself for much less money.

Stephen Wiener
swiener@onramp.net
Dallas, TX