Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Special Packaging of The Red Shoes

From: "DJH" <donna@math.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 09:05:09 +0000
Subject: Re: Special Packaging of The Red Shoes
To: MiaSimone@aol.com, love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <donna@tatung.math.uconn.edu>

> Bonjour darlings...I popped into an independent CD store today and happened
> upon some neat-o Kate stuff.  Was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on
> the contents and/or desirability of the following items :
>
> Large heart shaped red box, probably 12" X 12" or so, and the sticker on the
> cellophane said it had a pair of size 4 1/2 (UK size) ballet slippers, red I
> think, and The Red Shoes CD.  Am curious if the CD is identical to the
> domestic release.  This set was $100.00.  (Is that good ?  They had two.)

How strange... I just tried to glue mine back together last night...
I have had it for AGES with good intentions of getting it framed in
some wonderous / artistic manner... but the damned thing fell apart.
It is one of my big disapointments in KaTe purchases..  I haven't
unwrapped the cd.. I will check it tonight, but I was under the
impression when I bought it (and inspected it inch by inch) that it
was just the same CD, with expensive (and extremely prone to comming
apart at the seams) packaging.

> Black shoebox, with red metallic lettering that said "Shoebox" I think and an
> illustration of ballet slippers on the box top.  It was wrapped up tight in
> cellophane, and had no description of the contents...other than it was Kate
> Bush.  It was $75.00, and they had two.
>
> I am very curious about these attractive little things, does anyone think
> they are a worthy purchase for the moolah ?

If I had it to do over again, I would have saved my $

> With Great Affection,
> Melanie

d~