Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Paya Paya Paya

From: Renee Rosen <lilitu@cjnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:57:58 -0500
Subject: Re: Paya Paya Paya
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 03:44 AM 8/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>len bullard wrote:
>
>> Renee writes:
>>
>> Don't do it for the
>> money.  Don't do it for free.  Get something you want.  Look
>> at it like this;  a lot of people move here from India to work
>> because America is wealthy and India is not.  Yet,
>> here I am listening to bhajans, ragas, and ghazals.    Why?
>> I have 12 notes and they have 22.  Rich is what one doesn't have.
>> Were the Sadhus the poorest or the wealthiest of men, Renee?

I didn't write this; Len did.

>Many have commented that it almost seems to take great sufffering to
>make great art. The blues is the fount of so much creativity, for
>instance; and after all, when did you ever hear of a really cookin' rock
>band from, say, Switzerland? No way!

Obviously you haven't heard either The Young Gods or (one of my faves)
LiLiPuT. OK, neither are "rock" in the traditional sense, though they are
probably closer to that than KaTe, and TYG have gone downhill in more
recent years (esp. when they stopped singing in French), but they were both
creative and unique in their height. Now if anyone can find that OOP 2-CD
LiLiPuT CD for me, I'd be incredibly happy--know anyone who has one that
wants to sell it?

Renee
lilitu@cjnetworks.com
http://www.cjnetworks.com/~lilitu