Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Breaking Glass

From: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 16:10:02 +0200
Subject: Re: Breaking Glass
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ralph wrote:
> sometimes I think about movies, and some days ago
> I remembered Breaking Glass ( 1982 ), a
[...]
I'm surprised there's actually someone else who remembers this film.
Yes, there's this boring, commercial, everywhere-on-the-radio pop song
called "One more time", by an artist named "Susan Sapphire". But I'm
not really sure if Kate Bush is meant with it. I always thought the
name was an allusion to "Neil Diamond" :-)
AFAIK the movie was filmed in 1980. Interestingly, Hazel O'Connor's
character in the film is named "Kate" (and the single "Will You" from
the film soundtrack was #1 in the UK for five weeks, one week longer
than KB's most successful single, Wuthering Heights).

Rolf