Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Other Artists; OK! I Give Up!

From: heisjohn@juno.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:52:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Other Artists; OK! I Give Up!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Ron wrote:
> I feel
>sad for those of you who haven't experienced a Dead show.

Please, don't fell sad for me because I've missed out on something I'm
pretty sure I'm incapable of appreciating.  But if you must, feel sad for
me that I've never seen Kate...

>There is
>no HATE at a Dead show.

Nor is there any hate at any show I've ever been to...  (I can't imagine
paying to see anyone that propagates prejudice or hatred in any other
form!)

In a rather roundabout way, your passion for the Dead kind of makes the
point of my original reply:  Musical preference is so entirely subjective
that it's simply impossible to state that a group of artists "suck" based
entirely on the depth and breadth of their commercial appeal!  I can't
listen to the Dead at all -- but I'm willing to readily admit that
millions of Dead-heads can't be wrong.

Required Kate Kontent follows:

After *YEARS* of searching, I finally got my hands on a (Canadian) white
vinyl copy of Kate's mini-lp!!!!!  If anyone out there has a clear copy
they're willing to part with, e-mail me with the specifics and make the
collection (and my life) complete...

John