Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

LEAVE HER ALONE! (PLEASE)

From: Albert Lust <Albert.Lust@nlzdmfsc.origin.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 01:52:40 +0200
Subject: LEAVE HER ALONE! (PLEASE)
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com

To Don(gerous),

Firstly, I could have written to you personally, but it's my feeling
that you like to discuss things
in the open and this also gives other people an opportunity to add their
views if they wish to.
It has just turned July 30 over here, so this seems to be a good moment
to say some words on Kate's
behalf.
I think your continuous remarks on her being "lazy and not interested in
her career" do not have any
foundation. First some general points : music is a form of ART. A
genuine artist does not have a job.
In the ideal situation the artist should produce by inspiration, not by
demand. Unfortunately in real
life there are great demands on the artists, also in the music industry.
A true artist will always
try to let inspiration prevail over demand.
Now for Kate : I think we agree that she belongs to this relatively
small group of genuine artists.
She is in the fortunate position, because of her early successes, to
withstand the demands as much
as possible. I am happy for her. You seem to resent it. Why? Why is she
not entitled to live her life
the way she wants? We know very little about her personal feelings, so
how can you make all those bold
statements about what she should be doing and who she should work with?
Why do you want to turn this
unique woman into just another rock chick who duly plays the game like
all the others? If you had been
her manager from the start and Kate had not been the strong personality
that she is, I'm sure she
would have been burnt out very quickly, like so many before and after
her.
I really hope she will produce a few more musical masterpieces, I feel
she has some left in her.
But please, let her decide if and when she wants to give them to us.

Albert