Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes.IRC.Video Kate and other stories

From: waldn@ucla.edu (Stormin')
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 19:40:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes.IRC.Video Kate and other stories
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kyrie@compuserve.com (KK) wrote:

>ALSO the only two songs I'm missing really by Kate is The Dreaming
>(Dreamtime) and the original Be Kind To My Mistakes...anybody interested in
>doing me a copy of these as well???...hmmm..

The original "Be Kind To My Mistakes" is, I believe, played in full in
the movie it came from, "The Castaways."  A friend of mine made a copy
of it eight years ago (taped audioly directly from the video), along
with audio recordings of her concert (direct from video) and the
current B-sides he had (I now have them on TWW) and Ferry Aid's "Let
It Be."

The main difference between the two versions is there's an
instrumental pause between verses, and the conclusion of the original
has her repeat "One white rose" over and over again.

Right now I'm too busy to make any copies.  I still owe others out
there, some (Hi, Emmy.  :) .  Speaking of which, I should write to
you.)  You may, however, easily tape it audioly from the movie (I hope
I have the movie title, right.  I haven't even seen it yet,  Though I
caught the end of "The Innocents" on PBS last night.  :)   )

Best,

Stormin'

"Somewhere in the depth, there is the light."