Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and the Idiocy of VH1

From: hsarkas@hotmail.com (Harry Sarkas)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 21:40:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate and the Idiocy of VH1
To: moderators!rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <19970714153801.LAA27024@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
hedgefield@aol.com (Hedgefield) wrote:

> I have always wondered who picks the music for these "greatest hits of all
> time", I suppose that it's probably some corporate gee-whiz who's uncle
> owns 60 percent stock in MTV. I believe that Kate's videos are probably
> considered too "artsy" for the average spoon-fed VH-1 drone. They are much
> happier on a steady diet of bland drivel anyway.

Well, I wouldn't expect much from VH-1 or MTV anyways.  VH-1 not only
disappointed me personally in not playing one Kate video, but also skipping
over others whom I like, for instance Enya (but they had time to show almost
all the En Vogue videos they had just prior).  Oh well...

There is some hope for the MTV Networks.  I was shocked out of my couch
potato position this past week when I was able to catch the Kate video to
"The Sensual World" this past week on M2.  First time I have seen a Kate video
on any MTV network channel in years.  So there are some Kate videos left in
the MTV network archives afterall.  We'll see if they play anymore for Katemas.

Regards,

Harry Sarkas