Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Look of Love...hounds

From: Richard Bensam <rabensam@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:40:48 -0500
Subject: The Look of Love...hounds
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Ron writes with too much time on his hands:

>What do these "famous" ("infamous?") lovehounds might look like:
>(eg,  short, tall, dark hair, fat, thin, bald, blond, glasses...etc...)
>
>IED
>
>Karen Newcombe
>
>Chris Williams
>
>Vickie (what's your last name again?)
>
>Me (Ron)
>
>Stev0

Surely everyone knows what Steve looks like from his monthly columns and
his television appearances?  He's a short, attractive Irish-American woman
of mixed race with a wry sense of humor.  No, wait, maybe that was the
other one.

>Rolf Peukert
>
>Uli
>
>Brian Dongray
>
>Wieland Wilker
>
>You may also try with any other lovehound...

Yeah.  Frankly, I'm irked at being left off this list!  ;-)  I'm sure
anyone could guess what I look like -- it's written all over my face -- but
I don't suppose it would make them happier people.

>....I must REALLY be bored to think up this lame-brain scheme....oh well...
>let's see what happens.

If you think you're bored, think how bored the people who respond must be!
I kid, of course -- actually, I've always been fascinated by the difference
between knowing someone by his or her words and finding out what he or she
actually looks like.  Without meaning to, I usually "cast" someone else I
already know in the role of the person I'm trying to visualize.  So for
example, when I think of someone from the Netherlands I'm always reminded
of my old friend Ivo from Hilversum, the only person I've ever met who
enjoys food as much as I do.  When I think of Andrew Marvick, I can't help
but envision my high school chum David, who combined erudition with
enthusiasm in the same way as IED.  I'm certain they look nothing alike; in
such cases I'm always completely wrong in my guesses.  Sometimes alarmingly
so!

I don't think it's ever fair to judge people by their appearances, but
having seen their faces I do have this awful crush on both Emmy May
Lombaerts and Vickie Mapes.  Just don't tell them, okay?

RAB

Richard Bensam Home Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~rabensam/

Gaffaweb: A Tribute To Kate Bush And Her Fans
http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa/