Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HoL EMI Booklet (Was Hol Remastered???)

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:53:43 -0700
Subject: HoL EMI Booklet (Was Hol Remastered???)
To: Rolf.Peukert@theoinf.tu-ilmenau.de (Rolf Peukert)
Cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 5:16 AM -0700 7-19-97, Rolf Peukert wrote:

>While I'm at it: Don and Peter D. F.-M. (in the new issue of Homeground)
>complained about the EMI100 booklet saying something like "EMI's most
>important artists were Kate Bush and Sheena Easton". I didn't find any
>mention of Sheena Easton in the booklet, and the sentence in question
>(on the 'Kate' page, bottom) reads "the most important female artist during
>that period was Kate Bush." (<- right now I'm writing this from memory,
>so it might be not literal, but I'm sure there's no Sheena Easton!).
>Are there different EMI100 booklets?

It appears there are!

The EMI booklet that came with Morrissey's "Viva Hate" says "Kate Bush and
Sheena Easton." The next paragraph is split between KB and SE.

In the HoL EMI booklet, it only says "Kate Bush." Then the ENTIRE next
paragraph is about Kate Bush, and there appears to be no mention of SE
anywhere in the booklet.

Interesting, SE when from one of "EMI's two most important British feamle
pop artists during this period" to...nothing.

I wonder if KB got axed out of the EMI booklet for some SE reissue (like
anyone would care about a SE reissue).

Wow, unbelievable.

- Don