Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas on VH-1?

From: Lane Stephenson <lane5@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 16:12:23 -0500
Subject: Katemas on VH-1?
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

> VH-1 will also play some Kate videos on July 30, between
> 16:00 and 18:00 ("Cafe VH-1").
>
> ciao,
> Rolf

>Will this be in Europe only? Or is VH-1 formatted uniformly
>throughout the world? Seeing a Kate vid broadcast in the US just
>seems like too much to hope for...the last one I saw was the
>wogan version of RuTH on empty-V circa 1985. No, really.  :-(

>Robb

Actualy, the best chance to catch Kate videos in the States is on MTV's
120 Minutes program right when an album is released.  At least that is
how it worked at the release of TSW and TRS, and why I only saw the
"Rubberband Girl" sunglasses video once (while thinking "This is pretty
cheesy for a Kate Bush video").

If Rolf or anyone else knows how to get in touch with someone at VH-1
and find out if (and exactly when) any Kate Bush birthday specials are
planned for USA broadcast, you will have the undying love and respect
from a bunch of American love-hounds.  BTW, it appears their web page is
"Under Construction" and of no use, unless someone knows a url besides
vh-1.com.  Thanks for any and all information.

Lane

--
"Now is the place where the crossroads.
Will you look into the future?" - KT