Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Winona's 2 cents

From: SHELLY RENEE WILLIAMSON <sr0willi@ouray.cudenver.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:57:32 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Winona's 2 cents
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com

Hi.  I've been lurking for several months and have been silent except for
being baited into the endless Kate/Tori debate (a weak moment . . .sorry).
So, here's my two cents.
I am a twenty-six year old female human.  I was first introduced to Kate
Bush when I was 15. I was on the LSU campus in Baton Rouge, LA doing a
research paper with a friend and she wanted to go into the college record
store.  She bought a vinyl of The Whole Story.  I had no idea who this
woman was but I was used to my friend buying "weird" music because she
listened to college radio.  Later on, this same friend played "Don't Give
Up."  I though it was really pretty but I still thought Kate was weird and
annoying.  I would hear Kate very intermittently since that time but it
wasn't until my sophomore year in college that she clicked with me and I
completely freaked out and couldn't believe I had wasted all of those
years depriving myself of her music.

My favorite album is The Dreaming.  2 -- HOL.  3 -- NF.  4 -- TKI.
Top five songs: this is hard!
1.  Suspended in Gaffa (I choreographed a dance to this one!)
2.  Wuthering Heights (new vocal -- her voice is killer on this!)
3.  The Empty Bullring
4.  Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake (Onstage Version)
5.  Get Out of My House

My other favorite artists:

Danielle Dax
Legendary Pink Dots
Edward KaSpel
Tear Garden
Kristen Hersh
Yoko Ono
Current 93
The Carpenters
Can
Heart
Haco
Faust
ME!
And I like Ms. Amos, too.

P.S.  I heard Under the Ivy was about THE SECRET GARDEN.
      And . . . are there any Katemases in the Denver area?

				 Winona Righteous
				     *       *
				      *     *
                                       *   *