Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED grouses

From: jeffy@wam.umd.edu (Jeffrey Craig Burka)
Date: 26 Jun 1997 21:58:04 -0400
Subject: Re: IED grouses
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <l03020900afc51ebc30f0@[169.132.209.91]>,
Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net> wrote:
>At 4:35 PM -0800 6-11-97, IEDSRI@aol.com wrote:
>>Ah, a Kate Bush special-issue CD.  At last, EMI have taken the opportunity
>>to release Hounds of Love with all the relevant b-sides attached!
>>
>>What's that?  Oh.  Well, all except "Not This Time," anyway.
>>
>>Eh?  You say "Cloudbusting - The Organon Mix" is missing?  Hmm. . .
>>
>>"RUTH -Instrumental" isn't there, either?
>>
>>Well, they put "Alternative Hounds" on, didn't they?  They didn't?

<sigh> Yeah, but at least seeing these mentioned inspired me to dig out the
tapes and give 'em a listen (if only I had some idea where I stored my
12"!)

Is the RUTH instrumental utterly brilliant on its own, or is it just
utterly brilliant because I love RUTH so much?  (ie, would I be so
enthralled with the instrumental version if I'd never heard the vocals?)
<sigh>

>>What do you want to bet the mix of "Be Kind to My Mistakes" is the shorter,

Alas, I've yet to hear the long verison.  But dammit, I love it anyway.  So
nyah.

>As I posted before, I saw this one coming a mile away. They mistreated
>Morrissey's "Viva Hate" is the same outrageous way. [...]
>We'll see. "Viva Hate" didn't even come with the lyrics that accompanied
>the original. Of course, they know that everyone bying the reissue already
>has the original. Just another way to sell us the same songs over and over
>and over again.

Dare I point out:  "Reissue, repackage, repackage, reevaluate the songs /
double pack with a photograph / extra track and a tacky badge"

jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka     | "When I look in the mirror, I see a little clearer/ |
|                     |  I am what I am and you are you too./  Do you like  |