Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twenty-Somethings

From: stevesm@zoo.co.uk (Steve Smith)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:43:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Twenty-Somethings
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Jenshar@cris.com (Jennifer & Sharon) wrote:

>> And I thought I was a young one around here!  (I'm 27.)  Any other
>> Kate fans out there in this age bracket?>

>I'm 26.  I first heard Running Up That Hill when I was about fifteen and
>*gasp* didn't like it.....

>Jennifer

I'm only just in my 20's now since I'm 30 in August (I'm a Leo, same
as Kate). I have always loved Kate's music since she started,
although, in 1978 I was only 11 so I didn't have the funds to collect
any of her work. That started when I got my first job.

In common with a lot of people, I seem to be surrounded by people who
can't see the magic in her music. I did a lot of my growing up
listening to all her albums. Her individual style influenced me quite
a bit.

I didn't like The Dreaming at first. I basically shelved it for a long
time, almost 2 years then when I played it again, I wondered what had
put me off it! Its great. I do tend to prefer her older stuff though,
Pre HOL.

Just in case anyones interested in my favourite tracks, they are:

This Womans Work.
Get Out Of My House
Army Dreamers
Hello Earth (I just love that chanting)