Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twenty-Somethings

From: Anuj Vaidya <av27+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:11:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Twenty-Somethings
To: rec-music-gaffa@moderators.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Another one of those twenty somethings.

Me is 21 now and the first time I heard Kate was 9 years ago - I saw her
TOTP performance of RUTH (about 2 years after she actually erformed it I
guess).  It was instant bliss!

But I was living in India then, and had a hard time finding any of her stuff.

So I guess I seriously got into Kate here in the US four years ago.  I
started off with the Whole Story and slowly worked my way through all
her albums - almost backwards.  The last one I got was Lionheart - just
last year.  THE NINTH WAVE is my absolute favorite (- and so is
everything else by Kate!)

I'm still learning a lot about her music...

And as is the usual case, almost everyone around me cannot understand
this Kate (and Joni) addiction.

Anuj