Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: MPEG, New HOL, Other

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:24:12 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: MPEG, New HOL, Other
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>:

> This week I downloaded the MPEG reader program called "Xing" and found that
> I can now run my Kate Bush Whole Story Video CD from my PC at work.  Still
> haven't found a good MPEG reader for Macintosh -- does anyone know of one?
> When I get a moment to fool around with it more I'll let you all know what
> happens when you hit the Karaoke button!
>
> If anyone working on Gaffaweb would like to get screen captures from any of
> the videos on TWS or TSW, or TBG and MoP videos, please let me know.  I
> can't vouch for quality, but maybe we could get a few shots up for some of
> these videos.  The last time I looked there weren't a whole lot of still
> available yet.

   Thanks, but we've recently aquired a non-linear editing system (a Miro
DC-20), and can do very high quality captures from Laserdisc. Sometime
next week new images will start appearing in "Passing Through Air".

   Getting Gaffaweb ready took quite a bit out of people, but things are
starting to happen again. I recently made a CD-ROM version of the site.
It's in 9660 format, which means that it will run on any computer system,
including PC, Mac, Unix, Amiga, Atari, Acorn...whatever!

   I made this for my own amusement and to have a copy that I could
carry around. I plan to add links to even larger versions of the
images than can be put on a web site.

   The Gaffaweb site, by the way, is 65 megs.

> I do think the remaster sounds quite nice, though I still wish they'd put
> Not This Time on instead of Be Kind.

   It sounds amazing! Frankly, they need to do this for *all* of Kate's
music...they should have done this for the Box Set.

   I just want a CD version of the full-length version of "Be Kind To
My Mistakes." Did anyone ever find a CD of the "Castaway" soundtrack?