Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MPEG, New HOL, Other

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:17:54 -0700
Subject: MPEG, New HOL, Other
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

Hi all,

This week I downloaded the MPEG reader program called "Xing" and found that
I can now run my Kate Bush Whole Story Video CD from my PC at work.  Still
haven't found a good MPEG reader for Macintosh -- does anyone know of one?
When I get a moment to fool around with it more I'll let you all know what
happens when you hit the Karaoke button!

If anyone working on Gaffaweb would like to get screen captures from any of
the videos on TWS or TSW, or TBG and MoP videos, please let me know.  I
can't vouch for quality, but maybe we could get a few shots up for some of
these videos.  The last time I looked there weren't a whole lot of still
available yet.

Thanks to folks who e-mailed me places to get HOL remaster in S.F.  In the
past two weeks I've been to Omaha, Dallas, Yosemite, had out of town
guests, and have been at the film festival every night this week, so I've
had almost no time to do my own searching.  Thanks a bunch for helping me
out!

I do think the remaster sounds quite nice, though I still wish they'd put
Not This Time on instead of Be Kind.

Karen  kln@staralliance.com