Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Contracts

From: Leigh.Perkins@sset.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:12:12 -0700
Subject: Contracts
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

     The inquiring mind wrote;

        What DOES it cost to produce and promote a CD?  What kind of return
        do Columbia and EMI make?  We know Kate isn't destitute, and we
        know the studios probably get the biggest cut, but how does that
        work?

     Can't really comment on returns, but if ever studio costs were a
     problem - East Wickham Farm is more than able to meet todays technical
     standards (bought and paid for), so I can't see that being a problem!!

     By the way, are Tish Hinojosa and Sheila Chandra people that we in the
     UK have to look forward to?

     leigh