Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

HOL report from Tower S.F.

From: Karen Newcombe <kln@staralliance.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:08:32 -0700
Subject: HOL report from Tower S.F.
To: "love-hounds@gryphon.com" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>

I stopped in at Tower in S.F. yesterday to inquire in person about the HOL
re-issue.  The guy I talked to was a Kate Bush fan (I invited him to
Katemas, of course) and was thrilled to hear about it and looked it up for
me.

He found out that although it won't be released in the U.S. it will be
coming through as an import at Tower.  There were TWO listings for the
release, one was for June 2 and listed as HOL +6 which cost $30.00 US, the
second was listed for June 9 as HOL re-mastered special edition and cost
$24.00 US.

He thought the double info was just data entry error somewhere upstream;
also suggested I call the fellow in charge of imports during the weekday
and ask him to get some copies in, so he'd know there was demand for it.

I assume the independent record stores in S.F. will also carry this, and in
fact will probably have it sooner than Tower will.

Karen  kln@staralliance.com