Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: New HOL in Amherst MA!

From: Louisa Ellen Shein <leshein@student.umass.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:01:55 +0000
Subject: Re: New HOL in Amherst MA!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I've been lurking for a while (years actually) and have lots to say
about everything (Kate related), but for now I'll just share my really
exciting news!  I found the new EMI centenary HOL release at Newberry
Comics out here in Amherst MA!  I think it was the only copy they had,
but perhaps other Newberry Comics have them.  I saw it just sitting
there with all of the usuals, snatched it up and bought it before I had
realized what happened.
	 I always find these things hard to compare, but the re-release sounds
great to me, really clear, separate moments and voices emerging in ways
that just make it even more powerful, if that's possible. I listened to
it straight through (of course) and it was the closest thing to
listening to it for the first time that I'll probably ever experience
(since the first time, three years ago... I was a late bloomer, but
actually a young one since I'm only twenty one.:)  And its a special
treat for me that it has "My Lagan Love" on it, since that was the one
song I had never ever heard...(So now i guess I've heard everything...
until the next album).
	  - Hope others have found or find this re-release - and hope you enjoy
it as much as I am!   - louisa

"I see myself suddenly on the piano like a melody
my terrible fear of dying no longer plays with me
for now I know that I'm needed for the symphony." KB