Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KBC and a note from Kate!!

From: Dongerous! <fastslow@idt.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 21:54:21 -0800
Subject: Re: KBC and a note from Kate!!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com

At 10:33 AM -0800 6-5-97, Darrell Henry wrote:
>I just yesterday recieved the Issue #17 (May 1997) newsletter from the
>Kate Bush Club and thought I'd post this for everyone out there that
>dosen't recieve it. This is the note Kate posted in it word for word:
>
>"Hi everyone, thanks for all your letters. Just thought I'd let you know
>I've had a lovely break away from work -

Yeah! Your last record was in '93! Sheesh, at least most bands are touring
the world once or twice to explain their long breaks between albums. KB
loves to cover Lennon/McCartney and John/Taupin songs...does she realize
those guys were putting out two albums a year during some periods?

> I feel energized and I'm just
>starting to write again (early days yet so please don't hold your
>breath).

Maybe the Love Hounds can have a KB Next Release Date Pool. Give me 7/99.

>I thought I should dispel a few press rumours - I have not gone
>mad. I have not changed my name, if Rolf Harris is going to be on the
>next album - I haven't thought of it yet. I am well and happy and yes,
>the artist formerly known as Kate Bush is still Kate Bush and is alive
>and kicking!"

LOL!

>"I hope you're all well and thanks yet again for your continued warmth
>and support"

On one hand, I'm somewhat disappointed at KB's work habits and I'd like to
suggest that she work at McDonald's a few months just to get some real life
perspective. OTOH, I'd prefer less frequent albums assembled to a higher
standard.

Oh, well. Would you like fries with that? Thank you. Drive through.

- Don