Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1997-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

JOE JACKSON

From: saltc <saltc@xjtu.edu.cn>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 13:39:39 -0700
Subject: JOE JACKSON
To: gearnoise@VNET.IBM.COM
CC: love-hounds@gryphon.com

I can't refrain myself anymore:

why doesn't anyone ever mention Joe Jackson?

Joe Jackson and Kate Bush have been my all-time favourites since.....

I don't know if there's a comparison to be made between them, but they j
ust appeal to me in such a similar way. They both write such beautiful,
intrinsically complicated songs and music, and play with music styles as
it they were baby toys. They're great.

Somehow a song like "Forty years ago" on the Big World album reminds me
of "The Saxophone Song"; but that's probably because of the mention of B
erlin.

Still, how about "Real Men" and "Room for a life"? I definitely see a co
nection there.

And there's so much more.

Anyway, I'm off now. I've got to teach students who have never heard of
KB and JJ. But one day they WILL.....

Siegfried.